Joseph, Faith & Eve

Joseph's 6th birthday

>> Saturday, September 7, 2013

Joseph's birthday is September 4th and this year he turned 6!! Yesterday it was fun to hear him walking around the house saying, "I'm six years old now!"

We had a Spiderman theme this year and we invited a bunch of his friends from his preschool class and from the village. It was the first time I had done a birthday party with local kids...I was pretty nervous.

The night before his birthday, Tim and I stayed up late decorating his spiderman cake! I found a picture on Pinterest, which was our inspiration. Tim is the artist in our family and he did the black lines for the web and the white eyes. I think he did an amazing job!
We also had seen this idea of putting up a spiderweb for decoration. Tim did most of this by himself! He's amazing!
After lunch Joseph opened presents from Tim and me.
Faith was right there with him the whole time...she was so excited for him!
This picture makes him look so big! I guess he really is a big boy now.
He kept running up to us and saying thank you! Here's a pic of Joseph hugging his dad and saying thank you. He sure loves his dad and I know the feeling is mutual.  <3
Tim snapped a pic of Joseph and me when he was thanking me. I love this boy!
A few hours later the party started. Joseph was really blessed to have a bunch of friends come! In this picture I am preparing the kids for the spider race. The kids had to crawl from one end of the room to the other like a spider.
Faith wasn't afraid to get right in there with the boys.
Can you see the joy and delight on Joseph's face? He had SO MUCH FUN!
Another round of the spider race.
Then we went to the table and got ready for cake and ice-cream. The kids got ahold of the noise makers and it got pretty loud for a few minutes.
I love this picture with all of the kids wearing their hats!
I found these fun sparkler candles and HAD to use them! It seems like all of the Arabs use these for their birthdays. This is such a fun picture, I love it!











Here's a fun video of us singing happy birthday to Joseph in English and Arabic:

Singing Happy Birthday to Joseph! (Arabic & English) from Tim and Jeni Saltzman on Vimeo.



After cake and ice-cream we went outside and played "spiderweb fights" with silly string!
The boys didn't skip a beat...they knew just what to do with the silly string. It was fun to wacth them spray each other!
We were surprised by the gifts that all of Joseph's Arab friends brought for his birthday. There are a few from the Americans too! Joseph is so blessed!
One American friend gave two water guns to Joseph. This picture of him holding his water guns makes me laugh! He's ready for a water fight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP